Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Every Day, Earth Day - Tip # 6


Pay Your Bills Online

Paying online saves fuel (needed to ship your mail), trees (to print the stamps, envelope, check, etc.) and postage (.44 per envelope as of this posting)!

I find it easiest, and most secure to pay my bills via my banks secure website. Once I entered all the data required to set up a payment, I choose what name to call the payee. The data is now stored and only the name I gave it appears on screen. (Word to the wise, if you have two Verizon accounts, or similar, make sure you label them so you know which is which, so you don't pay the wrong one.)

Then, once a month I go in, select who to pay, how much and on what date. So simple, and no more concerns if my envelope arrived at the destination intact and on time.

No comments: