Sunday, August 29, 2010

Miacomet Pond Clean Up


Saturday I biked over to Miacomet Pond to volunteer with the Nantucket Clean Team. The Clean Team is a dedicated group of volunteers who heads out every Saturday morning, spring to fall, to a different part of the island, to pick up trash and recyclables.

As I got to the head of the pond near the small spit of beach that divides the pond from the ocean, I had a little trouble finding the group. My thanks to Cassie and her Mom who pointed me in the right direction. Once I found the car with the supplies I donned my blue gloves, grabbed a clear bag for trash, and a paper bag for recyclables and headed off down the road picking up trash, cans and bottles along the way. An hour later everyone met back at the supply vehicle to sort the recyclables. After which I said thanks to all the volunteers and then headed back to my bicycle to enjoy the day, feeling grateful to all volunteers for what they do.

Special thanks to Sarah, Grant and Bill for all they do to organize the clean ups and for their dedication to keeping Nantucket clean and green! You are so very much appreciated!

See you in a few weeks.

No comments: